Excluding search repositories
You are able to exclude entire repositories from appearing in a Similarity Report. The repositories you have available to you are determined by the administrator for your organization.
- When you are viewing a similarity report, from the sources sidebar, select Settings from the sidebar.
- Using the checkboxes, choose the repositories that you'd like your submitted documents to not match against.
The options available to your organization depend on what license you have purchased. All accounts are able to search against the Internet database and have their own private repository of uploaded files.
Turnitin's 'web crawler' actively archives websites and holds over 70 billion current and removed pages in our database.
Turnitin partners with leading content publishers to create a robust collection of over 170 million articles from library databases, textbook publishers, digital reference collections, subscription-based publications, homework helper sites, and books.
Crossref & Crossref Posted Content
The Crossref repository is a collection of published scholarly works and the Crossref Posted Content collection of scholarly works that have been submitted but not yet published. Both available to search submissions against through our exclusive partnership with Crossref.
This is an umbrella term for all items previously submitted to any of the repositories that an account has been set up with. The following repositories are potentially available for Turnitin accounts:
- Private institutional repository
- Private group repository (e.g. country, consortium, or a specifically requested group)
- Global repository
By default, all accounts are set up with their own private institutional repository. However, some accounts are also set up with a private group or global repository. As an administrator, you must request this through your account manager.
For administrators, any Submitted Works repositories will be listed (as pictured above).
- Changes should automatically apply, but select the Done button to confirm and close the side-bar.<![CDATA[
Changes will revert when you next open the Turnitin viewer.
Was this page helpful?
We're sorry to hear that.