Turnitin Draft Coach
Turnitin Draft Coach supports students in delivering high-quality academic writing, using text similarity checking to highlight the importance of research and correctly citing sources. Students can effortlessly run a report to check their drafts for similarity against our vast database. Any matches are individually highlighted and can be reviewed in the easy to navigate side panel.
We are continuing to develop drafting features to further enhance your student’s writing experience. To keep up to date on new additions, check out our product release notes.
Step 1 - Setting up in Turnitin
Configuring the Draft Coach Integration
- Log into your Turnitin account.
- From the administrator area, select the Integrations tab. In this area, you'll find all of the current integrations active on the account.
- At the top of the integrations page, you will see a Draft Coach Set Up button. Select the button to begin.
- Turnitin requires permission to access your email address and determine what domain to link Draft Coach access to. Select Link to Google Account's Domain.
- You will be prompted to enter your Google account's password. If you have more than one Google account, select the account associated with your institution.
- Your domain has now been linked! All that's left to do is install Turnitin Draft Coach. Check out Step 2 to find out how.
Step 2 - Install Turnitin Draft Coach from the Google Workspace
Enable the add-on for your domain
- Log into your G-suite administrator account. If you are not the G-suite administrator for your institution, don't worry, simply communicate the below instruction with who is.
Turnitin Draft Coach works with any enterprise license with Google Workspace
To install the add-on, access the link below or search for Turnitin Draft Coach within the Google Workplace Marketplace and select Install.
Get Turnitin Draft Coach Add-on
You’re done! Your students should now be able to add Turnitin Draft Coach to their Google Docs. If you would like to confirm that the installation was successful, you can use the add-on in a Google Doc of your own.