Before getting started
- To submit a paper to an assignment on Turnitin, the user must log in and upload a file to an existing assignment.
- Assignments in Turnitin cannot accept student submissions until the assignment start date and time has passed.
- Assignments may also reject submissions after the due date and time set by the instructor.
- To check the start date and due date information, either click on the name of the assignment in the class portfolio page or view the start and due dates located under the assignment name.
- This action opens a pop-up window showing assignment preference information, including start and due dates/times as well as other assignment information or special instructions.
After the submission has completed, a digital receipt is displayed in your browser window. A copy is also sent via email. It is important to use a valid email address to receive this copy of the digital receipt. Save the receipt and the submission ID it contains, as this is proof of a completed submission. If the digital receipt is not shown on screen after submission, return to the class portfolio page and view the assignment to ensure the paper submission completed correctly. Submissions can be checked and viewed by clicking on the title of the paper under the title column to the right of the assignment name.
Log in to turnitin.com (or turnitinuk.com if you're in the UK).
Psst! See Logging in if you can't quite remember how to log in toTurnitin.
- Once you've logged in, you should see your homepage listing the classes you enrolled in.
- Click the name of the class where you'd like to upload a file.
This will take you to your Class Homepage for that class.
Click the Submit button to the right of the assignment name.
This will take you to the file submission page.
On the file submission page, make sure the phrase next to the Submit: heading says "Single File Upload." If it says "Cut and Paste Upload," use the dropdown menu (the down arrow) next to Submit: to switch to "Single File Upload." This will allow you to upload your file rather than using the Cut and paste file submission feature.
- Enter a title for the submission.
- Click the What can I submit? link to review the types of files and file sizes Turnitin can accept.
- Select Choose from Dropbox.
- Dropbox will open in a new tab where you may be asked to enter your log in details.
- Select the file you want to upload by ticking the box in front of the file name and then select Choose.
- You will automatically be directed back to your Turnitin submission page.
- Click the Upload button.
- Review the preview panel (and congratulate yourself on getting your paper done).
- Then, you must click the Confirm button to officially upload the file to the assignment.
- Once you see the green submission banner, you're done!
Was this page helpful?
We're sorry to hear that
If you have the time, we'd love to know how we could improve it.