New sections can be manually created by the primary master class instructor. TA users can be assigned one or more sections which they will be able to access through Turnitin. Only one TA can be assigned per section. Only the primary master class instructor and the TA will be able to view the submissions in the sections.
- Select the + Section link to the right of the name of the master class.
- On the add section screen, enter all of the following information:
- TA’s first name
- TA’s last name
- TA’s e-mail address (for notification or new user password e-mails)
- Use the Submit button to continue
- On the next page enter the required section information:
- name for the section
- section enrollment key
- Click submit to add the section to the master class and send the assigned TA a welcome notice or new user notification e-mail. The TA will only be e-mailed a password if they have no user profile existing under the e-mail provided for them in the TA information section.
Each new section will appear on the instructor homepage for the primary master class instructor, listed in smaller print beneath the master class. When a section is added, an e-mail with the section information will be sent to the TA. If the TA does not have a user profile with Turnitin under the e-mail address that was provided, Turnitin will generate a new user profile for the TA and include the new user password in the e-mail sent to the TA.