The guide below will assist you in the first step of your LTI configuration.
- If you are part of a global institution, log in into your Turnitin account via turnitin.com. Alternatively, log in to turnitinuk.com if you are part of a UK institution.
- Ensure that
Administrator view is enabled from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. If Instructor or Student is selected, please change to Administrator
- Click the integrations button for the account. If purchased, either the Unconfigured or
Configured button will appear in the integrations column from the administrator homepage.
If an integration has already been configured, click the Configured button to check that all LTI API details are correct.
If the integration has not been configured, click the Unconfigured button, and follow steps 4 to 7.
- Click on the LTI API button to open the configuration page.
Unconfigured platforms will have an unlit status button. A yellow status buttons indicate a partially configured integration. A green status button indicates a fully configured integration.
- Fill out the three required fields:
Create a shared key containing 8 alphanumerical characters. It must contain at least one number and one letter.
Your institution’s IP Address or default IP address: 255.255.255.255
An error callback URL or the default url:
https://www.turnitin.com/api_error.asp(All other users)
The Shared Key is used during the configuration process within LTI. For quick reference, we recommend making a note of the Shared Key once it has been entered.
- To enable Turnitin to provide your institution with optimal support, please enter the name and email address of a technical contact who is responsible for maintaining your integration.
- Check the box to agree that you understand that providing any phone number, URL, or test login information is optional but may be requested by Turnitin.
- Finalize the LTI configuration by clicking Save.
Was this page helpful?
We're sorry to hear that
If you have the time, we'd love to know how we could improve it.