A Moodle environment will only support one integration and account/sub-account. If you need to configure multiple Turnitin sub-accounts, you will have to create a Moodle environment for each one.
Log into Moodle as the Moodle administrator
- Navigate to /admin to initiate the installation/upgrade process.
- Once the installation has completed, select Turnitin Assignment 2 within the Plugins | Activity modules menu.
- Enter the Turnitin Account ID (Required)
- Enter the Turnitin Shared Key that was set by the Turnitin Administrator (Required)
- When you input your details your connection to Turntin will automatically be tested. You can test your connection again at any time by clicking Test Turnitin Connection
- Enter the Turnitin API URL. For UK only Users enter https://api.turnitinuk.com and for all other users enter https://api.turnitin.com (Required)
The Turnitin sandbox environment is available for testing the integration: https://sandbox.turnitin.com
- There are multiple options that you can turn on for each assignment. To enable one of these options find its relevant section and use the drop down menu to select Yes.
For example if you want to use Grademark find the 'Use GradeMark' section and then, by using the drop down menu, select Yes. Other options include PeerMark, Translated Matching, and ETS.
- Select whether to use Anonymous Marking. The default is No.
- Enter a disclaimer/agreement in the text box. Students will have to check a box agreeing to this statement before submitting a paper, however if you leave the box completely blank then there won't be any agreement confirmation required during submission.
- Do not select Yes for the Enable Diagnostic Mode option unless asked to do so by Turnitin support. THis setting helps us to trace any problems with the Turnitin API. The default is No
- The Student Data Privacy Setting will ensure that student's data is not transmitted to Turnitin via the API if this is a requirement at you institution. If the option is enabled student email addresses will be transformed into a pseudo equivalent for Turnitin API calls. This option cannot be changed if any Moodle user data has already been synched with Turnitin. The default is No.
This process is irreversible and cannot be changed once students have started to enroll and submit to the class.
- Click on the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen to save all the entered information
Was this page helpful?
We're sorry to hear that
If you have the time, we'd love to know how we could improve it.