Your institution must have the Turnitin app configured at account level to be able to copy a course. The following guidance will not work if you have Turnitin configured at course level. Your account administrator can find out how to do this using our Setting up the framework | Canvas Plagiarism Framework guidance.
- Select Courses from the side of any page.
- Select the course that you'd like to copy.
- Select Settings from the left-hand course menu.
- Select Copy this course from the right-hand menu.
- Add details for the new course:
• Course code
• Start date and end date
- Select Create course to be directed to the Current jobs list. Here, you'll see your course copy progress move to a completed status.
Students can start submitting to the assignment as soon as the assignments are created in Canvas.
- To check that the import has been successful, return to the newly created course.
- Select the vertical ellipsis icon alongside your imported Canvas Plagiarism Framework assignment.
- Select Edit.
Note that the Turnitin assignment settings have been preserved from the original assignment.
Was this page helpful?
We're sorry to hear that
If you have the time, we'd love to know how we could improve it.