Log into Canvas as an administrator.
- From the side of any page within Canvas, select the Admin tab.
- Select the account you'd like to configure with the framework.
- From the left-hand navigation, select Settings.
Select the Apps tab from the top of the Settings page.
Select View App Configurations.
Select the + App button to open the Add App pop-up box.
- Change the Configuration Type to By LTI 2 Registration URL.
Enter one of the following registration URLs (this is based on your location):
https://api.turnitinuk.com/api/lti/2p0/register (UK users only)
https://api.turnitin.com/api/lti/2p0/register (All other users)
If you have been approved by Turnitin to use our Sandbox environment for testing purposes, you should use a different registration URL:
Select the Launch Registration Tool button.
Enter the email address and password associated with your Turnitin administrator account.
Select Log in.
Select the Turnitin account that you'd like to link to Canvas.
- Select Next.
Turnitin's use of Canvas data...
As part of the Canvas Framework integration, Turnitin requires some personally identifiable information from Canvas. This includes:
- Course ID
- Course Title
- User Role
- User Email Address
- User Family Name
- User Given Name
- User Full Name
- User Canvas ID
- Select the Confirm button to complete the configuration.
Double check all your details are correct before proceeding. You will be unable to edit them after selecting the Confirm button.
- To start using Turnitin, you must enable the app. Select Enable to continue.
That's it! Should you need to disable the app, select the cog icon, Edit, then Disable.
Was this page helpful?
We're sorry to hear that
If you have the time, we'd love to know how we could improve it.