Creating an assignment
To create an assignment using the Ultra View of Blackboard, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Content Market in the Blackboard course page.
- Select your Turnitin tool.
The Turnitin tool is named by your account administrator upon creation. Ask your administrator if you are unsure what the Turnitin tool for your account is called.
To create an assignment using the Original Course View of Blackboard, follow these steps:
- From the course you would like to add the assignment to, navigate to the content section.
- Once in the content section, select Build Content.
- Select the Turnitin option found in the Create column. What the Turnitin option is named is chosen by your account administrator when they configure the connection between Turnitin and Blackboard. If you're not sure what option to pick, contact your administrator.
- Fill out the Turnitin assignment settings to complete the assignment setup.
For more information about the assignment settings, see the assignment settings and optional LTI settings guidance.
If you are still using the Blackboard Original view, you will need to navigate to Content, select Build Content, and then select the Turnitin LTI integration.
Student preview mode is not compatible with Blackboard LTI 1.3. It will create an additional student that cannot be removed.