How do you use the Blackboard external tool?
If you have moved to Blackboard Ultra Course View, then you will only be able to use Turnitin's LTI integration.
We support LTI 1.3, giving you access to the full functionality of Turnitin within Blackboard. Moving from LTI 1.1? Check out our migration guide.
Have some questions regarding LTI 1.3? Check out our LTI 1.3 and Advantage FAQ page.
We are aware of a scope of issues with the Blackboard LTI 1.1 integration. We are working on resolving all these issues, but please be aware of the following:
- Turnitin due dates are not displayed in Blackboard
- Grades entered in Turnitin immediately appear in the Blackboard grade book
- Grades removed from Turnitin are not updated in the Blackboard grade book
- Dates are not passed to Turnitin if they are updated in Blackboard
- The instructor cannot see in Blackboard whether a student has submitted or not
- Some settings not available in the initial assignment settings page requiring instructors to edit the assignment settings after launch to add rubrics, PeerMark, and e-rater
- Description field and max points value set in Turnitin are not populated in Blackboard
Course copy functionality is not currently supported with Blackboard LTI