If you are not an existing Turnitin customer, you can request a quote. A representative will contact you within 3 business days. Mention you would like LTI activated on your account when signing up to get started.
Configuring Turnitin LTI in Blackboard
The illustrations in the following guidance may differ slightly, depending on the version of Blackboard you are currently using.
- To set up Turnitin LTI on Blackboard, first navigate to the Administrator Panel (Admin in the left menu).
- In the integrations menu, select LTI Tool Providers.
- Select Register Provider Domain.
- In the Provider Domain Status section, fill in the Provider Domain with either:
- api.turnitinuk.com if you are in the UK
- api.turnitin.com if you are anywhere else
- Set the Provider Domain Status to Approved.
- In the Default configuration section, make sure the Default Configuration setting is set to Set globally.
- You need to provide the following Tool Provider information:
- "Tool Provider Key" (you might know this as an Account ID)
This allows an LMS to correctly integrate with a Turnitin account. Account IDs can be found on the left-hand side of the account name on the administrator homepage in Turnitin.
- "Tool Provider Secret" (this is the Shared Key configured by the Turnitin administrator in the Turnitin LTI integration setup)
The shared secret key is used to verify the integrity of requests sent from the institution’s LMS account to the institution’s Turnitin account. The shared secret key can be any word or alphanumeric 8-character text string, containing at least one letter and one number. The shared secret key entered in Turnitin must be identical to the shared secret key entered within the LMS. To be clear, both keys must match in order for access to be granted, otherwise, the integration will not work.
This is required in order to launch the Turnitin Tool and ensures that the LMS and Turnitin users are mapped properly.
- https://api.turnitinuk.com/api/lti/1p0/assignment/contentitem for the UK
- https://api.turnitin.com/api/lti/1p0/assignment/contentitem for the rest of the world
Was this page helpful?
We're sorry to hear that
If you have the time, we'd love to know how we could improve it.