When migrating from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3, new grades added to existing submissions on an assignment originally created on LTI 1.1 will not pass back to the Blackboard gradebook. If new submissions are made after the migration, grades for these will pass back to the gradebook.
To migrate from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3 in Blackboard, first navigate to the Administrator Panel (Admin in the left menu).
- In the integrations menu, select LTI Tool Providers.
- In the top menu, select Register LTI 1.3 Tool.
- Enter the client ID.
If you are in the UK: 39739bb5-c79e-437c-ab88-6b23b01dc095
If you are anywhere else: 907b10a5-fbbe-4811-adbf-8ac3a40a2b34
- Your browser will display a message asking you to confirm your decision to migrate to LTI 1.3.
- The ‘Tool Status’ section will be automatically populated. Please make sure that this is the LTI tool you want to migrate.
- For the ‘Tool Status’ setting, select Approved.
- Select Submit to migrate the tool from LTI 1.1 to LTI 1.3.
- You will see a banner indicating your migration within Blackboard has been successful.
To complete your migration you will need to confirm the migration in Turnitin. To do this, the account administrator will need to create a new assignment.
- Close the Administrator Panel and navigate to the courses area (Courses in the left panel).
- You will need to select a course where you are enrolled as an instructor and create a new assignment.
If you are not enrolled in any courses, you will need to be added to an existing course or create a new one.
- Select the Turnitin LTI tool from the Content Market area.
- This will launch Turnitin where you will need to fill in your administrator credentials and select Sign In.
- Select the account that is associated with the LTI 1.3 Tool integration registration and then select Next.
- The Account ID and name will be shown and you will be asked to confirm that this is the account you wish to migrate to LTI 1.3. Select Confirm and Complete to complete the migration.
This is a one time action that needs to be completed by the account administrator in order to allow instructors to use LTI 1.3.