Enter a course and click the Content link in the sidebar. Then hover over the Assessments button and select Turnitin Direct Assignmentfrom the list.
If Edit Mode is off, you can enable it by clicking the Edit Mode button in the right corner of the page.
- On the assignment creation page, enter the following:
• assignment name
• assignment description (2,000 character limit)
Only alpha-numeric characters should be used when creating an assignment title. We do not support special characters or punctuation.
- Select the submission method for the assignment. The default is Allow Both. Allow Both will give your student's the option to choose which method they would like to use. File upload will require your students to submit a file to the assignment. Text submission will require your students to copy and paste their paper in a text box to submit their paper.
- Select the number of parts you want the assignment to have from the Number of Parts drop down menu. Each Turnitin assignment in the Blackboard Direct Integration can have multiple parts associated with it. The student has to submit a file to each part to complete the assignment. The default is a one part assignment.
- Enter the point value of the assignment in the Overall Grade field. The default is 100.
- Select the start date, due date, and post date for the assignment. Specific times are also selected. Students are only able to submit once the start date and time has passed. After the due date and time, students will be blocked unless late submissions are enabled. In Blackboard, the post date relates to the availability of GradeMark papers only and has no bearing on when grades are posted to the Blackboard Gradebook.
The Turnitin assignment due date will not carry over to the Needs Evaluation area or grade column quick information in the Blackboard Grade Centre