The cut and paste submission option allows users to submit information from non-supported word processors or file types, or to only submit specific parts or areas of a document that may need an Originality Report generated.
Please note that only text can be submitted via the cut and paste method - any graphics, graphs, images, and formatting are lost when pasting into the text submission box.
- On the class homepage, click on the More actions link next to the Paper assignment that you would like to submit to and select Submit paper.
- Select Cut and paste from the Submit Paper: pull down menu. Single file upload is the default submission type.
- Select an enrolled student name using the author pull down menu on the submission page. Papers submitted by an instructor on behalf of a student will appear in the student portfolio just as if the student made the submission. If you submit on behalf of an non-enrolled student they will be unable to view the submission, even after you have added them to the class.
- You must enter the first and last name when the non-enrolled student is selected from the author drop-down menu
Papers you submit for non-enrolled students cannot be graded or marked for paperless return to students
- Enter the title for the paper.
- Copy and paste the selected text into the text box
To copy and paste text, highlight the text to submit in a word processing or text editing program and select copy from the edit menu. To transfer the text into the text box on Turnitin, click inside the text box of the submission page and select paste from the browser edit menu
- Click on Upload to submit the text.
- Once the submission is complete, the digital receipt is displayed. The submission ID on the digital receipt is a unique number assigned to this submission. A copy of the digital receipt is available for download within the document viewer print option.
- Click Go to assignment inbox to view the list of current student submissions, or click Submit another file to continue submitting as a student.