The Turnitin administrator must first configure the Blackboard integration before the Turnitin Building Block can be downloaded and installed. The account administrator should log into their Turnitin account at www.turnitin.com or at www.turnitinuk.com if you are in the UK.
- Log in as the Turnitin account administrator at the Turnitin homepage http://www.turnitin.com or at www.turnitinuk.com if you are in the UK.
- Click on the integrations button for the account. If purchased the unconfigured button will appear under the integrations column. If the integration has already been configured click on the configured button and skip to step 6. If the integration has not been configured click on the unconfigured button.
- Click on Blackboard Basic to open up the configuration page. Unconfigured platforms will have an unlit status button. Yellow status buttons indicates a partially configured integration. The green status button indicates a fully configured integration.
- Fill out the three required fields:
- create a shared key containing 8 alphanumerical characters
- your institution’s IP Address or default IP address: 255.255.255.255
- an error callback URL or the default url: https://www.turnitin.com/api_error.asp
- If you are in the UK or access Turnitin through the UK service the API URL you should use is: https://www.turnitinuk.com/api_error.asp
The shared key is used during the plugin installation process within Blackboard. We recommend making a note of the secret key once it has been entered for quick reference.
- Click Save to finalize the Blackboard Basic configuration.
- Once the integration has been configured you can download the latest version of the building block by clicking on this link
Was this page helpful?
We're sorry to hear that
If you have the time, we'd love to know how we could improve it.